A Donor-Advised Fund created to support and assist in community betterment
This Fund was established by a local couple to enable them to support their favourite charitable causes both today and over time.
The Oliver Fund draws its name from a combination of place and people. The hardy pioneers built the base on which we live today, giving their names to areas, unaware of the lasting legacy of their labours. This Fund honours the rural way of life and promotes initiatives of North Shore Nova Scotian youth and adults through two fund initiatives:
1) The Oliver Fund assists a student graduating from North Colchester High School in continuing his/her education at the post-secondary level and;
2) The Oliver Fund provides grants in the local Colchester area to encourage the creative artistic pursuits of youth.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- be graduating from North Colchester High School;
- be in receipt of no major scholarship (e.g., one that would cover 75% or more of the anticipated tuition) at the time of application; and
- be accepted to a recognized post-secondary education institution (college or university) in Canada and plan to attend that institution in the Fall of the same year.
Award winner(s) will be selected on the basis of financial need, activity in the school or community, and character references.
Typically scholarships will be awarded annually. However, the Fund reserves the right to award scholarships on a more or less frequent basis.
The deadline for applications is April 30th.