A Donor-Advised Fund created to support and assist in community betterment
This Fund was established to enable the founders to support their favourite charitable causes both today and over time.
The Oliver Fund draws its name from a combination of place and people. The hardy pioneers built the base on which we live today, giving their names to areas, unaware of the lasting legacy of their labours. This Fund honours the rural way of life and promotes initiatives of North Shore Nova Scotian youth and adults through evolving fund initiatives:
1) The Oliver Fund assists students graduating from Tatamagouche Regional Academy in continuing education at the post-secondary level, both in general studies and specifically for innovative development;
2) The Oliver Fund supports innovation and entrepreneurial activities among students in the Tatamagouche Regional Academy leading toward post-secondary training and education, and;
3) The Oliver Fund provides grants in the local Colchester area to encourage the creative artistic activities of youth.
1) Scholarship Criteria: the deadline for applications is April 30th.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- be graduating from Tatamagouche Regional Academy;
- be in receipt of no major scholarship (e.g., one that would cover 65% or more of the anticipated tuition) at the time of application; and
- be accepted by a recognized post-secondary education institution (college or university) in Canada and plan to attend that institution in the fall of the same year.
Award winner(s) will be selected on the basis of financial need, activity in the school or community, and character references.
Typically scholarships will be awarded annually. However, the Fund reserves the right to award scholarships on a more or less frequent basis.
2) Innovation and Entrepreneur Activities: applications based on the current school year.
To be eligible for support, the applications by the Academy must:
a. be for student-based activities that promote entrepreneurial and innovation goals of the Tatamagouche Regional Academy, and;
b. provide events within the school and/or assist students in participating in regional events that recognize innovation and entrepreneurial development.
Activities eligible for funding will be selected by the Academy Principal based on the purposes set forth above, with a total amount available per school year as determined by the Oliver Fund.
3) Creative Artistic Activities for Youth: Applications by April 30th
To be eligible for support, applicant organizations must:
- have provided at least one annual session of artistic activity that is focused on creativity in one or more artistic genres;
- accept school-aged youth by specific age range for an activity, and;
- provide the Fund with both pre-set criteria for the use of funds, and submit a report on the activities funded.